BENTON COMMUNITY SCHOOL CORPORATION
Illustrative Impact of the Proposed School Operating Referendum on Property Tax Bills in 2021
Assessed Value Inputs
Enter Gross Assessed Value1:
Is this a Homestead property?2, 3
From your Annual Tax Statement from the County Treasurer, TABLE 1, Line 1a.
Calculated Tax Bill Increase from the Proposed School
Operating Referendum with a Maximum Tax Rate of $0.3100
|Operating Referendum Tax Rate
($0.3100) 4, 5
|Illustrative Monthly Referendum Tax Liability 3:|
|Illustrative Annual Referendum Tax Liability 3:|
- 1. Assessments are subject to annual changes in market conditions. The referendum liability may change in relation to changes in parcel gross assessed value.
- 2. Homestead parcels are assumed to have homestead credits, supplemental homestead credits and mortgage deductions. No credits or deductions are assumed for non-homestead properties.
- 3. Local property tax replacement credits are not applied to the Operating Referendum tax rate, per Indiana Code 6-3.6-5-6.
- 4. If approved, the operating referendum is for eight years beginning with property taxes payable in 2021.
- 5. If approved, the operating referendum would fund the retention of teachers and support staff, the maintenance of class sizes, and agricultural, vocational, and fine arts programs, and enhancing student safety and security.
Information about the Benton Community School Corporation Operating Levy Referendum can be found at: https://www.benton.k12.in.us/Â